The Biosimilars Council is committed to providing the best educational resources available on biosimilars. For your convenience, our team has built a Biosimilars Toolkit for your outreach efforts.
This toolkit contains a host of resources by the Biosimilars Council and its partners. These shareable resources explain what biosimilars are, why they are important, how they can improve patient access and how they can save the United States billions of dollars.
We encourage you to share this information on biosimilars with interested colleagues, individuals and organizations.
Top Biosimilars Resources
View the top resources on biosimilars, created and published by the Biosimilars Council.
The Biosimilars Handbook is the premier resource for biosimilar education. Choose from four different tracks – medical professional, patient, insurer or policymaker – to learn how biosimilars and interchangeable biologic products can decrease costs and increase access to lifesaving medicines.
2020 Savings & Access Report
This annual report is produced by the Institute for Human Data Science (IQVIA), the standard-bearer for measuring data, pharmaceutical use and spending in the United States.
Biosimilars in the United States: Providing More Patients Greater Access to Lifesaving Medicines
An analysis by Avalere Health for the Biosimilars Council finds that 1.2 million U.S. patients could gain access to biologics by 2025 as the result of biosimilar availability.
Interchangeability 101 – Biosimilars and Interchangeable Biologics
This white board video from the Biosimilars Council walks through the basics of interchangeability and why biosimilars and interchangeable biologics are more than acceptable replacements for brand biologics.
Fact Sheets, Infographics, and Video
View the top fact sheets, infographics and videos from the Biosimilars Council.
Additional Resources by Stakeholder
Are you a patient, payer, medical professional or policymaker? Our team has curated content specifically for those requiring the most information on biosimilars. Choose a set of resources below, grouped by stakeholder.
Myths vs. Facts for Patients
APhA’s Biosimilar Basics Pamphlet
Breaking Down Barriers to Patient Access
Biosimilars: A Safe & Effective Option for Patients
FDA Biosimilar Basics for Patients
Myths vs. Facts for Payers
“Epic Opportunities” Panel Discussion with Industry Leaders
The New Frontier for Improved Access to Medicines
For Medical Professionals
Myth vs. Facts for Medical Professionals
FDA Resources for Medical Professionals
APhA’s Biosimilar Basics Pamphlet
Myth vs. Facts for Medical Policymakers
Time to Pass the CREATES Act
Breaking Through On Biosimilars
The Case for Generic Competition
Want to Get Social?
Feel free to use the below sample social media posts to share information on biosimilars or the Biosimilars Council.
Sample Twitter Posts:
- #Biosmilars are safe, effective and increase patient access to essential medicines. Check out the @BiosimsCouncil Handbook to learn more: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
- #Biosimilars could save the U.S. health care system over $250 billion in the next decade. Learn more with the @BiosimsCouncil: www.biosimilarscouncil.org
- Take a deep dive into all things #biosimilars with @BiosimsCouncil Handbook: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
Sample Facebook Posts:
- Biosimilars are safe, effective and increase patient access to essential medicines. Learn more at www.biosimilarscouncil.org
- Biosimilars could save the U.S. health care system over $250 billion in the next decade. Learn more from the Biosimilars Handbook: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
- New biosimilars could produce major cost savings for patients and the health care system. Learn more from the Biosimilars Handbook: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
Sample LinkedIn Posts:
- Biosimilars have comparative safety and efficacy as their biologic counterpart, at a lower cost to the patient. Learn more about the benefits of biosimilars from our handbook: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
- High standards for approval by the FDA ensure that patients and health care providers can rely on biosimilars when they go to market. Learn more about the approval process in our handbook: http://bit.ly/biosimshandbook
- The introduction of safe and effective biosimilar therapies into the markets around the world has been proven to reduce health care costs while at the same time delivering lifesaving treatments to patients in need. https://biosimilarscouncil.org
Stay in the Loop
Stay up to date on the latest information and developments in the biosimilars industry by following us on social media or signing up for our newsletter.